How does HAGS contribute to a better environment?
As a business that’s been around for over 70 years, we know how important it is to look to the future. In fact, our brand promise statement, ‘Inspiring all generations’, provides a pivotal focus for all the good intentions that our international family of employees consider each day when they arrive at work.
We have developed a framework to define the principles that will underpin all our sustainability efforts:
- Maintain respect for our planet
- Give back to communities
- Build a better business around our people
- Design products that support a circular economy
- Work with a supply chain we believe in
75 sustainable years is just the beginning.
For us at HAGS, sustainability is about the past as well as the future. We have almost 75 years behind us and we dare to say that throughout the journey we have had a genuine concern for both the environment and people. Although the concept of "sustainability" was not talked about as much at the time.
We want to constantly get better and continue to develop in order to strengthen sustainability in our operations. Naturally, transparency will be a core component for HAGS going forward as the sustainability space becomes increasingly crowded, therefore, we have taken the step to incorporate the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards into our sustainability efforts to enhance our reporting in the future.
Maintain respect for our PLANET
Through our actions and choices, each one of us can take steps to leave smaller footprints and help tackle climate change. We seek to minimise the impact that our operations have on the environment without compromising performance or quality by:
- Reducing our waste and energy consumption
- Adding more electric vehicles in our warehouse and electric charging points in our offices
- Supporting tree planting initiatives
- Installig beehives in our Polish location
Give back to COMMUNITIES
We act on issues which our customers and colleagues care about. We support ordinary people doing extraordinary things to make the world a better, more inclusive place.
From neighbourhoods in Gothenburg or Manchester, to those in Paris or Seville, our approach is both global and local.
- Fund raising for medical equipment for seriously ill children in UK
- Cycling 1200km to support children’s charity in Sweden
- Sponsors of youth sports teams across Europe
- Supporting children’s education in Guatemala
- Offering a sporting chance to anyone with a physical or sensory disability in France
- Helping our Ukrainian neighbours
Build a better business around our PEOPLE
We know it's our people who make HAGS successful, so we want everyone to enjoy coming to work. Regardless of where our employees are based or the job they do, we want them to be treated with dignity and respect and have pride in our brand.
- Investing in our people by creating training and development opportunities
- Offering flexible working to maintain an engaged workforce
- Activities to stay active
- Reward and recognise the exceptional work our colleagues do
- Create a safe, positive and inclusive working environment for all.
Design PRODUCTS that support a circular economy
At its heart, our ‘Sustainability Principles’ come from what we have always believed, about integrating nature and outdoor living with everyday life.
Our products last for many years, and they are easy to maintain. That way, you’ll have fewer reasons to change the equipment in your outdoor space.
- Modular design
- Carefully selected materials
- Creating packaging with waste cardboard
Work with a SUPPLY CHAIN we believe in
We endeavor to foster long-term relationships, built on integrity and respect, with our suppliers and employees. We talk honestly about our products and how they can continue to inspire all generations.
With all our suppliers, we are in constant communication, and we encourage each other to be better in both function and processes. The resulting relationships, built over time on both loyalty and trust, allow each side to achieve more, to do so in a positive way, and with less negative impact on the world around us.